The old Wesleyan chapel built in 1884 at a cost of £800

A beautiful old photograph which captures the character of Darrington in an age gone by.

"Darrington is a long village in a pleasant vale, crossed by the Great North Road, and having in its parish the two townships of Darrington and Stapleton, the former containing 512 inhabitants and 2930 acres of land."
Excerpt from History Gazetteer 1838

More to come...